Greetings Church Family,
Our GVSDA Ministry Council and Admin Board met via conference call last night. We would like to share the following updates with you:
- Per guidance from the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, we have cancelled all in-person church events for the next two weeks. We will keep you updated if we cancel beyond the next two weeks as circumstances develop.
- Sung Adventist Academy has fully transitioned to online learning and currently plans to continue to do so until April 15 per County, State and Conference recommendation.
- Ministries are working together to offer Sabbath School, Sermons, Health Seminars and Prayer Meetings virtually. Such information will be posted on our website and via email and social media.
- The prayer ministry team is offering an opportunity for church members to come together to pray from March 15 to March 21. At 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, and 9 pm. Call this number, 605-313-6302 to pray with other members (Enter code 663355)
- Our Community service team will continue food distribution but will do so while maintaining social distancing and following community health guidelines.
- Florida Conference Camp Meeting, among other major events have been Cancelled. Visit www.floridaconference.com for more information.
- Tithe and Offerings. You can continue to contribute your tithe and offerings online via this website. Click on www.gvsda.org/give to be directed to our Adventist Giving page. You may also mail in your tithe and offering to the following address: 2115 NW 39th Ave Gainesville, FL 32605
- We will continue to post resources and announcements on our website, so check back with us often and please share this information with fellow church members.
- Now more than ever is a time for us to reach out to one another and keep each other in prayer. We especially encourage you to reach out to any church member who may be sick or alone.
May God be with each one of you.
Dear church family,
Out of an abundance of caution, we have cancelled our afternoon/evening programs and will be closing church following our morning service tomorrow, 3/14. This includes vespers. We have also decided to cancel our entire church service next Sabbath, March 21st. We will prepare to stream a message via our FB page next week and will keep you posted as circumstances continue to develop. We advise small groups to gather virtually or via phone conference for the next couple of weeks.
We encourage all our members to follow guidance from official sources and consider your health and wellbeing when making decisions regarding social gatherings.
Let us keep one another lifted in prayer that God will work out His purpose through GVSDA.
We continue to monitor COVID-19 (coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2) and its effect on our church community. As many of you are aware, Alachua County has recorded its first confirmed case of the virus. To date there has been no spread of COVID-19 in the Gainesville community or nearby areas. As of now, our plan and recommendations are as follows:
We begin by advising everyone to pay attention to the Alachua County health department and CDC alerts and recommendations. For any questions, the
Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center is available 24/7 at:1 (866) 779-6121.
1. Worship Service: We will continue with our worship service as planned. We ask that anyone who does not feel well please stay home, rest, and heal. Additionally, we urge folks with the following conditions to stay home: anyone who has a compromised immune system or individuals with chronic health conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease). We are deeply concerned for our elderly population, as they have been most affected. We are recommending that anyone over the age of 65 with underlying health conditions stay home this Sabbath out of an abundance of caution;however, we leave the choice up to you.
2. Wash your hands! Be intentional about keeping your hands clean. We will set out extra hand sanitizer on Sabbath. On the same token, if possible, try not to touch each other’s hands. Fist bump, bump your elbows, tap your shoes…do whatever you need in order to keep your hands clean!
3. Again, if you are sick or feel like you might be coming down with something…please stay home. You can watch the service online via the Gainesville SDA Video YouTube channel. Here's the link: gvsda.org/sermons
4. Sung Adventist Academy: Classes will continue as planned. We will follow Alachua County and FLCOE guidance pertaining to school operation. School updates will be provided by the principal, Kania Paulas.
Pastor Angelo J. Grasso
Gainesville Seventh-day Adventist Church